User Properties report in Analytics

Hello Support team,

Please can we use analytics to spool reports on user management? Let’s take license as a use case, if a customer has 180 licenses and over 5000 users, how do we get a holistic view of the users who have been assigned each of these licenses. This is just one of the user parameter out of many. Looking forward to your feedback. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi Ose,

I’m not sure if you are using named licenses or concurrent licenses. I assume the former if license allocation is a major concern.

The reporting that you have requested is not available in the current eGain version (eGain 17).

However, the upcoming release, eGain 21, will include a Named License Allocation report. This will allow you to see a list of all of the named licenses allocated to all of the users.

The report can be sorted by user or license so you can either sort it one way to review all of the licenses assigned to a given user, or sort it the other way to examine all of the users who have been assigned a given license.

The report will also inform you of the date that each user was created and the date that they last logged in or out (and in fact the report can be sorted by these dates as well), so you will be able to spot old and inactive users who may no longer require their license allocation.

Thanks
Matthew

1 Like

Hello Matthew,

Thanks for the feedback. Please will like to know when the V21 will likely be released. It has been long awaited. How about roles and other parameters?

Hi Ose,

I am not able to provide an ETA for V21. The release is imminent, but I do not know when it will roll out to your particular eGain implementation. Please reach out to your Customer Success Manager to discuss your upgrade schedule.

Adding user roles to the Named License Allocation report is a roadmap item, but this will not be in the initial release of the report.

Thanks
Matthew

Hello Matthew,

Many thanks. Your feedback is well appreciated.